Silhouette Soft is a technological innovation offering women and men what no treatment has ever provided in such a simple and minimally invasive way: a reshaped face and restored volume by means of a 60-minute treatment at their doctor’s.
Silhouette Soft represents the state of the art suspension suture and an extraordinary true technological innovation that opens up a new era in aesthetic medicine.
This technique leaves no scars and can be successfully used for all areas of the face and neck resulting in a fresher and younger look. Recovery time is minimal and patient can quickly go back to their full social life.
Silhouette Soft comes in the form of resorbable suture with resorbable bidirectional cones. It is made in the United States and its development was based on six years of experience in suture suspension with cones used in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery.
In 3 years, more than 130 000 treatments have been carried out all over the world.
The Silhouette Soft Double Action – Lifting and regenerating
The lifting effect is immediate and discreet as it is the result of compressing the tissue and elevating the skin at the time of implanting the suture. After inserting the suture, the doctor applies slight pressure on the treated area. In this way, the doctor reshapes the surface of the skin and makes it visibly smoother.
The regenerating effect is gradual: Poly L-lactic acid (PLLA), the principal component of Silhouette Soft is a well-known polymer that has been used for many years in a number of biomedical and pharmaceutical applications: suture thread, orthopedic pins, rods, screws and nails for bone fractures. It is because this polymer is particularly biocompatible with human beings, and also completely biodegradable, that such applications have been developed.
By resorbing, the poly L-lactic acid acts on the deeper layers of the skin and stimulates the body so that it produces its own collagen. This action, which continues over time, helps increase the volume of saggy areas and restores shapeliness to the face.
In What Cases Is Silhouette Soft Indicated?
Silhouette Soft is recommended for men and women of 30 and over who are trying to combat effectively the signs of ageing and who do not want any heavy and invasive treatment, but are looking for real and natural looking results.
You physician will confirm you have the right characteristics for a Silhouette Soft treatment.
- Silhouette Soft can be used to treat different parts of the face:
- Contours of the face,
- jaw line,
- cheeks and mid face areas
Post Treatment Recommendations
After the treatment, a slight oedema or bruising may occur. Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularity may appear at the entry points. These inconveniences disappear a few days after treatment.
The doctor may prescribe an antibiotic cream to apply on the entry and exit points of the sutures twice a day (in the morning and in the evening, during 5 days):
- Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required (Cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion point)
- Take analgesia e.g. paracetamol in case of pain (2-3 days)
- Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours)
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows (3-5 nights)
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days)
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements (2 weeks)
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks)
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks)
- Do not use saunas (3 weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks)
- Avoid face and neck massages and face and neck aesthetic treatments (4 weeks)
Social and professional life can be resumed quickly!